Prizegiving is quick and well organised and worth sticking around for. We draw quality sponsor product as spot prizes at each event. You must be present to receive your prize. Prize giving will begin as soon as the last competitor finishes.
Kids (under 13 years old)
The minimum age for participation in any swimming activity at this event is 13 Years old today
Exemption to the Under 13 Rule
We understand that there are plenty of kids less than 13 years of age who can comfortably swim any of the distances offered at the splashanddash, and if this is your child, we are happy to have them in our event. But before we allow them in our event you need to satisfy us that they are capable of participating in the distance they want to swim. You can show us this in one of two ways:
- Provide a set of results, in printed form, showing that they have competed in a recognized open water swimming event, of a distance not substantially different to the distance they intend to swim at the splashanddash.
- Provide evidence that the child is a regularly participating member of an organized swimming squad. In order to provide this evidence we ask that you have the child’s Coach complete the downloadable form found here.
NB – We are not asking the Coach to vouch for the child’s ability to participate in our event, but only to verify what the child does at squad. On that evidence we will determine whether they can participate in our event or not.
Kids 2 K
If you have young kids who just want to get involved, or aren’t ready or keen on swimming, the Kids2K is the event for them. They start when the Novice events start, and run 1 Lap of whatever distance is offered that night. That means they will run 1.5km, 2km, or 2.5km. They will be running on Oriental Parade and will need to be able to recognise the run turnaround, as we do not have a Marshal at that location.
Entry is a gold coin donation. Your kid will be chip timed, be eligible for spot prizes, and will be made to feel part of the event.
- Series points are awarded in 10 year age groups on results of your best 7 swims (u/20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+).
- Your age group is determined by the age you will be on Christmas day 2017.
- Series points will be awarded for the longest distance available in each event each evening.
- Points are awarded for either Open water swim or Swim/Run. It’s not possible to mix points.
- The secondary schools points competition run on a separate schedule.
- On nights the 2500m Pt Jerningham swim is available series entrants will automatically be able to opt for the longer 2500m swim and are not subject to the additional fee charged for this distance. Individual entries for the Pt Jerningham swim are $35.
- Series Entries are limited to 100 people across all events/categories.
We take your safety and the reputation of the event very seriously. Rescue Craft are on the water at all times and medical equipment and expertise is available at the event HQ. For your safety and the safety of others involved in the event you are required to follow the instructions of the event staff at all times.
Cancellations, refunds, and entry transfers
Once an entry has been accepted we will not refund that entry. Entries cannot be transferred to another person. Series Entries will not be part refunded due to event cancellations or inability to attend events. In inclement weather conditions we reserve the right to modify the swim course and/or distances to ensure the safety of participants. If an event is cancelled entries will be credited to a later event. Entries will not be transferred to another season. If the last event of the season is cancelled the entry is forfeited. Series Entries will not be part refunded due to event cancellations. The decision to modify a course or cancel an event is made by our Safety Team and that decision is final.
note: For guidance, cancellations occur approximately once every three seasons. Course modifications happen about once a season.
Further Terms and Conditions
- On this site we are promoting and taking entries for the splashanddash, a swimming and running based recreational sports event in Wellington, New Zealand. The events are held on the dates listed at the top of this page.You can buy a single race entry or an entry into all events of the current season.
- You will receive an email confirming your race entry. You do not need to present this on race day, we will have a record of your online registration in our registration system.
- Your privacy is important to us. Your personal details will not be shared with any other organisation or individual. You may receive emails from us that relate to our events, and they may include promotions of our sponsors products. You will be able to unsubscribe from these emails.
- Prices are in New Zealand dollars.
- You may not enter the splashanddash online if you are under 13 years age.
- There are no surcharges for entering the event with a credit card.